Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/whiteroc/public_html/templates/wrps/functions.php on line 199
White Rock Pre-school has charitable status and is a non-profit making organisation. Fees are set by the Pre-school committee and pre-school manager and are reviewed annually.
We accept Government Funded Vouchers, and any hours outside of these vouchers will be charged at the normal rate:
Per session £15.00
All Day session £30.00
Our sessions run from 9am-12am, 12pm-3pm or all day 9am-3pm, term time only.
White Rock Pre-School is open to every family in the community. However places are limited so we keep a waiting list. We use the following system for accepting children into Pre-school:
· Children are accepted into Pre-school after they turn 2 years if a place is available.
· We arrange our waiting list on a first come first served basis, according to the term in which the child is due to attend.
· Every effort will be made to accommodate children who are currently attending pre-school who move to the area, so they have continuity with their pre-school activities.
Please see the Admissions Policy.
Session Waiting List
· Where a parent does not wish their child to begin immediately or wishes to book increased sessions for a future term, the child will be placed on a waiting list, in the order in which those sessions were requested.
· These sessions unfortunately cannot be guaranteed, as priority has to be given to any parent wishing their child to start immediately, or any parent wishing to increase their child`s sessions who is already attending the pre-school.
· Every effort is made by the pre-school staff to accommodate children, and where sessions are unavailable, alternative available sessions will be offered.
At White rock pre-school we aim to provide a happy fun and secure learning experience for our children where their individuality is respected and valued.
We will promote all areas of their development through the early learning goals helping them to become more independent in preparation for their transition from pre-school to primary school.
We also believe that parents/carers have the most influence in a child’s life. We view parents as our partners in the education of their children and in supporting their childrens desire to become life-long learners.
Aims of the pre-school
· To provide a stimulating environment for the children, which encourages their all-round development and independence through the provision of appropriate learning opportunities.
· To ensure the safety of the children in our care.
· To provide a homely, friendly, caring educational environment where each child feels unique and special.
· To nurture healthy, happy, self-confident children.
· To achieve the desirable outcomes of the Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, and to work within the EYFS framework providing care, education and equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
· To make pre-school accessible to children and families from all areas of the local community.
· To identify and assess special educational needs, and to make appropriate provision.
Our aims underpin and influence our entire practise and are implicitly threaded into our policies and procedures.
We are a dedicated team of childcare professionals here at White Rock Pre-school and it is our aim to make every child within our care feel unique and special. We offer a friendly atmosphere and are approachable at any time. We have a consistent team of staff working with the children and they are effectively deployed to meet the needs of the children. As well as having qualifications in early years care and education, our staff are committed to on-going professional development, accessing a wide variety of training courses to extend their skills and knowledge and to keep up to date with changes in the early years sector.
The appropriate staffing ratios as laid down by Ofsted will be adhered to at all times. At least one member of staff at each session will hold a current First Aid certificate.
A keyworker is a named member of staff who has the responsibility for monitoring your child’s development in the seven areas of learning outcomes as defined by the EYFS.
Each key worker has a special responsibility for their group of children and will ensure that the needs of each individual child are recognised within the pre-school.
They will be happy to share with you the developmental sheets that are completed on a regular basis and will work with you if your child needs any extra assistance in reaching the desirable learning outcomes.
Their main duties are:
· To assist the child to settle into pre-school.
· Talk with the parents/carers about their child and to engage and support parents/ carers in guiding their child’s development at home.
· Keep an extra special eye open to see how your child is settling.
· Assisting the child to integrate into pre-school if necessary.
· To meet your child’s emotional and developmental needs.
· To observe, keep records and monitor the child’s progress.
· To be responsible for their key child’s learning diary and “My progress and Development” document.
· To work in conjunction with parents in a statutory and professional manner.
· To share information about their individual children’s needs to be incorporated into the planning of the pre-school curriculum.
Please see the attached link for our most recent Ofsted report. http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/CARE/139447
Ofsted Inspection date 6 July 2018 - White Rock Pre-school is an outstanding pre-school in all areas: "Staff have warm and cherishing relationships with all children. They know and value their uniqueness, nurturing their personal development to help children flourish into resilient learners."
Welcome to White Rock Pre-School
Our Pre-School, which opened in 1994, is operated as a non-profit making charity and run by fully qualified staff, overseen by a voluntary committee. We offer education and care for children from the age of 2 years until they leave to start Primary School as a rising 5 year old. We are registered with Ofsted as a day care provider to care for a maximum of 20 children.
Our small pre-school offers high quality childcare in a lovely location very close to White Rock Primary School, and next to a very child friendly park which we make regular use of.
We pride ourselves on creating a cheerful, caring atmosphere for our children, and we have a high staff to child ratio to ensure individual care and attention. Our well qualified staff look at the next steps required for every child to develop to their full potential, by the use of regular observation and assessment of each child.