Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/whiteroc/public_html/templates/wrps/functions.php on line 199
At White rock pre-school we aim to provide a happy fun and secure learning experience for our children where their individuality is respected and valued.
We will promote all areas of their development through the early learning goals helping them to become more independent in preparation for their transition from pre-school to primary school.
We also believe that parents/carers have the most influence in a child’s life. We view parents as our partners in the education of their children and in supporting their childrens desire to become life-long learners.
Aims of the pre-school
· To provide a stimulating environment for the children, which encourages their all-round development and independence through the provision of appropriate learning opportunities.
· To ensure the safety of the children in our care.
· To provide a homely, friendly, caring educational environment where each child feels unique and special.
· To nurture healthy, happy, self-confident children.
· To achieve the desirable outcomes of the Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, and to work within the EYFS framework providing care, education and equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
· To make pre-school accessible to children and families from all areas of the local community.
· To identify and assess special educational needs, and to make appropriate provision.
Our aims underpin and influence our entire practise and are implicitly threaded into our policies and procedures.
We are a dedicated team of childcare professionals here at White Rock Pre-school and it is our aim to make every child within our care feel unique and special. We offer a friendly atmosphere and are approachable at any time. We have a consistent team of staff working with the children and they are effectively deployed to meet the needs of the children. As well as having qualifications in early years care and education, our staff are committed to on-going professional development, accessing a wide variety of training courses to extend their skills and knowledge and to keep up to date with changes in the early years sector.
The appropriate staffing ratios as laid down by Ofsted will be adhered to at all times. At least one member of staff at each session will hold a current First Aid certificate.
A keyworker is a named member of staff who has the responsibility for monitoring your child’s development in the seven areas of learning outcomes as defined by the EYFS.
Each key worker has a special responsibility for their group of children and will ensure that the needs of each individual child are recognised within the pre-school.
They will be happy to share with you the developmental sheets that are completed on a regular basis and will work with you if your child needs any extra assistance in reaching the desirable learning outcomes.
Their main duties are:
· To assist the child to settle into pre-school.
· Talk with the parents/carers about their child and to engage and support parents/ carers in guiding their child’s development at home.
· Keep an extra special eye open to see how your child is settling.
· Assisting the child to integrate into pre-school if necessary.
· To meet your child’s emotional and developmental needs.
· To observe, keep records and monitor the child’s progress.
· To be responsible for their key child’s learning diary and “My progress and Development” document.
· To work in conjunction with parents in a statutory and professional manner.
· To share information about their individual children’s needs to be incorporated into the planning of the pre-school curriculum.
Please see the attached link for our most recent Ofsted report. http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/CARE/139447