Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/whiteroc/public_html/templates/wrps/functions.php on line 199
Mobile Phone and Social Networking Policy
We view the safety of the children in our care as paramount. We are vigilant about the appropriate use of mobile phones.
We do not allow the use of mobile phones during pre-school hours, in the indoor area providing childcare or in the outdoor play area or the toilets.
Mobile phones are to be kept locked in the filing cabinet, and can be checked at break times by staff for emergencies.
If staff then need to use their mobile phone they will be asked to leave the pre-school area in order to do so.
All parents and visitors will be advised of this policy as they enter pre-school, and the same rules apply to them.
There are too many sites to mention them all by name. This policy covers them all.
It is important when using social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter that staff always maintain confidentiality and ensure proper practice at all times. This is to protect the children, parents & families of the setting along with the staff. It is also to guard the nursery reputation and the staff’s own personal reputation.
Staff guidelines when using social media sites include but are not limited to
- Staff must not mention any of the children from the pre-school on their online profiles
- Staff must not write direct or indirect suggestive comments about work on their online profiles
- Staff must not publish photos of the children on their online profiles
- Staff must not publish photos of other staff while in the nursery on their online profiles
- Staff must not use mobile phones to take photos in the pre-school or to access social networking sites during their working hours
- In order to maintain professional boundaries staff should not accept personal invitations to be friends from parents of the pre-school unless they know them in a personal capacity
- Staff members are advised to set their online profiles to private so that only friends are able to see their information.
- Staff are responsible for adhering to the terms of service of each site they use
- Personal profiles should not contain any images or videos which may be perceived as inappropriate behaviour for a childcare professional
- Staff will not have the pre-school name anywhere in their personal profile.
- Any breaches of the social networking policy could result in disciplinary action.